The Most Innovative People in Computers and Technology – From very small cell phones, to more cost-effective laptops, to realistic video game graphics, the world of technology is filled with innovative new ideas that are sure to change the world as we know it. Thanks to the people on this list, technology is improving the lives of people in every corner of the world. While there are certainly more than thirty people who could be included on this list, the following men and women were selected and ranked based on the following criteria:
1. Camp Garrett:- Camp is the co-founder and Chairman of Uber, the controversial private car service that transports passengers from one side of the city to the other for low fares. Camp not only changed the way people transit, he also changed the taxi industry itself: Uber drivers didn’t have to enslave themselves to a taxi company in order to work, they simply underwent a background check and received an iPhone with the necessary programming to start driving. Before starting this beehive, Camp also founded Stumbleupon, a social sharing site with 25 million users and SeriesG, an angel investment firm. Camp is currently in the process of launching Blackjet for Uber-like air travel allowing customers to book seats on private jets at business class prices.
2. Sheryl Sandberg:- Nothing has ever changed the way news and information is spread like Facebook, and in many ways, we can thank Sheryl Sandberg for that. Sandberg is COO of the popular social network, which boasts more than 200 million users per month. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s founder and CEO, may be the company’s more visible face, but Sandberg is undoubtedly the driving force behind its extreme success. He is also the author of “Lean In,” a best-selling business book/memoir released in 2013.
3. Jack Dorsey:- You’ve probably visited your favorite hot dog food cart or been to the local flower shop and your credit card slipped through one of those black or white boxes stuck in your smartphone. Called Square, Dorsey is the CEO of a company that makes efficient mobile payment engines for small businesses and personal use. Square Reader is free and the app turns your smartphone or tablet into a cash register. Before he revolutionized the new way we make payments, Dorsey (a self-taught programmer) founded Twitter and became its first CEO.
4. Jeff Bezos:- Jeff Bezos is the Chairman and CEO of Amazon.com, an online store that has revolutionized the way people shop. Amazon started as an online bookstore and grew into a conglomerate of products ranging from gardening tools, shoes, groceries, to video streaming. Amazon continues to expand, and has recently begun work on producing television shows in an effort to take a share of the online streaming industry. Bezos has also dabbled in human space travel through his company Blue Origin, and acquired the Washington Post in 2013.
5. Jony Ive:- Even though his name is not as well known to the average consumer as Steve Jobs, Jony Ive has proven himself to be important to the success of the Apple company. Currently Apple’s Senior Vice President of Industrial Design, Ive has served on design teams for best-selling products such as the Macbook Pro, iMac, Macbook Air, iPod, iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad. Recently rumors about Ive’s latest project were confirmed when Apple announced that it would soon release the Apple Watch. Based on the sales numbers of Ive’s previous projects, the Apple Watch is bound to be a success.